Friday 29 August 2008







this is my grandfather.
he was in the Royal Navy and later was the operations manager for BOAC(British Overseas Airways Corporation),now called British Airways,in the 50s in London.he had 6 children.it is because of him i grew up listening to LPs of the Beatles,the Ventures,the Carpenters,the Doors before i was 3.he settled in Kerala in the rubber plantation his father never wanted him to leave in the first place.
he paid me to draw for him.he paid me for every rubber sheet i touched,when he counted them out every evening in the plantation.he sent me 500 rupees by money order on every birthday.he sent me telegrams in engineering college.
.
.
this is him drinking tea the last time i saw him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he paid you to draw. now that's a real fan

Vyzz said...

:)

so genuiunely good.

i love the 2nd pic way too much, the round ofh is head and him caressing the chai, is a splendid action...

:)

Vyo!

Milann Tress John said...

it's my favorite too.i have it framed.
good to see you around:)